Jacksonville, FL Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Systems
JACKSONVILLE’S LEADER IN REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER DRINKING SYSTEMS
Contaminants in drinking water create unpleasant tastes and odors that deter Jacksonville homeowners from drinking their tap water and cause them to spend money on bottled water. One solution to this problem is installing reverse osmosis water systems, water treatment products that use water pressure to filter out contaminants in tap water. The effectiveness of RO systems depends on several factors, including the incoming water pressure, the quality of the membranes and filters used, water temperature, and the type and number of total dissolved solids (TDS) in the tap water.
If you have questions about reverse osmosis water systems, contact the skilled team at Integrity Water Treatment to learn more about their function and how an RO system could benefit your Jacksonville home.
HOW DO REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER SYSTEMS OPERATE?
Reverse osmosis is a water treatment system that removes contaminants from water by applying pressure to the water that flows through a semipermeable membrane. Reverse osmosis can eliminate up to 99 percent of 65 different contaminants, such as pesticides, detergents, dissolved salts, fluoride, lead, nitrates, and chlorine.
THE FOUR STAGES OF THE REVERSE OSMOSIS PROCESS
- Sediment Filter – A pre-filter stage that strains out silt, dirt, and sediment so that these particles don’t damage the RO membrane.
- Carbon Filter – This filter removes chlorine and other contaminants that hinder the performance and reduce the longevity of the RO membrane, and it contributes to the pleasant taste and odor of RO-filtered water.
- Reverse Osmosis Membrane – The RO membrane is semipermeable and designed to let water through it while filtering out most contaminants.
- Polishing Filter – Carbon filters polish the water to eliminate any other unusual tastes and odors.
BENEFITS OF WATER TREATED WITH REVERSE OSMOSIS
- Improved Taste – When an RO filter removes contaminants from your drinking water, it not only makes the water safe for consumption but also improves the water’s taste. Unlike the bland taste of distilled bottled water, the superb taste of RO-filtered water results from the presence of some trace amounts of minerals and salts. By preferring the taste of RO-filtered water, many people are reducing plastic waste because they aren’t purchasing bottled water.
- No Electricity Use – Household reverse osmosis water systems don’t use electricity to operate. Instead, they use water pressure from Jacksonville homes’ plumbing systems. However, because commercial RO systems are so large, they might require electricity.
- Quiet Operation – Usually, reverse osmosis water systems are very quiet and only emanate a slight gurgling sound when the waste water flows from the membrane to the drain. Hissing noises indicate a serious problem, such as a water pressure or air gap complication or a leak, and you should reach out to your water treatment company as soon as possible if you notice this sound.
- Large Volume of Clean Water – A typical reverse osmosis tank measures at 12 inches in diameter and 15 inches in height, and it will produce 10 to 75 gallons of clean water per day.
- Minimal Maintenance – Water treatment specialists recommend that homeowners have their RO systems sanitized and filters changed at least once a year.
- Longevity – If you’re diligent about RO system maintenance and use high-quality replacement filters, your RO system could last up to 15 years.
COMMON COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS FOR REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER SYSTEMS
- Disaster Relief
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Power & Energy
There are several circumstances in which a certified lab water test is recommended by our water treatment company. For instance, Lawtey homeowners who are buying new houses and business owners who are required to provide safe water samples often request water testing services from an experienced water treatment company…
Have you noticed a gradual loss of water pressure in your home or contacted JEA to find out if there is a problem with the pipes leading to your Orange Park neighborhood? Our water treatment company receives a lot of calls from homeowners who experience water pressure loss of city water…
If you’re looking for a Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Systems in Jacksonville, FL, then call us at 904-766-5509. Integrity Water Treatment offers a variety of services that can help you get the most out of your water.